Monday, August 17, 2009

Oatmeal Scones

I recently dug up this recipe again and remembered how delicious it is! I got it from my friend Leah, but I don't know where she got it originally.
Oatmeal Scones
2 c. self-rising flour
2 c. oats
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. shortening
1 c. milk
Preheat oven to 400F. Cream shortening and brown sugar (My mom taught me to use a fork to stir and mash them together until you get very small lumps of shortening coated with the sugar). Mix in the flour, oats, and milk until well-blended. Dust countertop with flour, knead the dough a little. Divide the dough in half, form two flattened balls and cut them each into 8 pieces. Transfer them onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until they start to turn toasty brown.
The last time I made them, I sprinkled cinnamon sugar on the tops right before baking. I love cinnamon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment